04 November 2014

It was 25 years ago today...

For a brief period Vladimir's Universe expanded into a four piece band. Rev. Fritz Kingpin (Freddy Fortune) on bass was from a band called the Covingtons, and Stubbly McUnster (Tim McHugh) on drums had been in Cats in the Basement. I guess we were kinda a "supergroup" of Ypsilanti talent. On guitar was a kid we called Rockboy (David Harrison Horton)--I say "kid", but we were all kids at the time. We did a few open stage nights, one recording session, then 25 years ago today we played our first headline gig at Cross Street Station in Ypsilanti. You can hear this line-up on "Underwear Sometimes" from the 25th anniversary album "This Machine Eats Bacon".

My mentor T.V. Silvia (R.I.P.) called this short-lived ensemble an "Ersatz rock band" which I thought was a compliment until I looked up what "ersatz" means. I'll let you decide. I remixed all six songs and put them into a zip file in my Dropbox and you can download it for free! http://tinyurl.com/lmrewfn



No comments:

Post a Comment